"Accessible Editor" is an editor that was designed especially for blind and visually impaired people that use Android devices with Talkback and speech engine.
It is intended to help visual impaired people to type for applications like SMS, emails, notepad and every other application eyes free. Users can also use "Accessible Editor" to save memos and documents locally.
It is possible to work with "Accessible Editor" on every Android device, phones and tablets,
with both virtual and physical keyboard.
The editor was designed to operate in three different ways.
1. Pressing buttons.
2. Working with gestures.
3. Working with accelerate keys on external keyboard.
It is possible to hear the content of a document in three different speech engines depending on the language of the words.
All the documents can be saved locally or exported to other applications.
You can also import content from other applications to further edit the document.
"Accessible Editor" is designed to work with Talkback and speech Engine, so you don't need to learn a new environment.
There is a special consideration for enlarging fonts and good contrast.
General explanation for working with the editor
One recommended scenario for working with the Editor is done through the following steps:
First you should type the necessary content using either virtual or physical keyboard or using voice recognition.
Then you should hear the whole document (with speech engine). Thus, you may hear weather there were any mistakes in typing.
If there were any mistakes you should go back, word by word until you reach the word with the mistake.
When you get to the mistaken word you should activate the spell function to hear the word letter by letter and then "select" the word.
All these actions can be done either by buttons, gestures or accelerator keys and are explained in the help that comes with the Application.
When the word is selected, you should write the word again correctly. The new word will replace the old mistaken one.
You should repeat these actions until the document has no mistakes and can be exported to the application you want like email or SMS.
Reading and navigation functions:
Most functions can be preformed either by simple gestures, physical keyboard or by “onscreen” buttons.
• Read and navigate to the next or previous word or sentence.
• Read current word or sentence.
• Read current document using the preferred speech engine for the language.
• Jump to end of document.
• Switch between Preview and edit mode when you wish to close the keyboard and navigate the document safely without editing the text.
User Interface Features:
• High contrast. White text on a dark background.
• Enlarge the font size to fit your needs.
• Hide / Show the buttons in order to use maximum screen area.
• Use the detailed help file
Text Composition, importing or exporting functions
• Enter Text via On Screen/ physical Keyboard or by voice.
• Import or export text from and to any Android application that supports text Sharing ( like SMS , Email , FB and so on)
• Open and save text files including association of any *.txt file with the accessible editor.
• Directly send SMS to Contact or phone number.
• Copy or paste any text from or to the editor using simple button in addition to the regular Talkback mechanism.
Note: The user interface is in English but text can be written in any language. If you use other Language and need talkback, be sure to have the correct Speech Engine.
• Internet browsing - This is requested for browsing to help page on Web.
• Send SMS - is used for sending SMS.
• Read contacts - is used for getting the right contact for sending SMS message.
• Read External Storage - This is needed for reading files from external storage and editing it.
This is demo version for the pro go to the following link.
Accessible Editor Talkback is a free software application from the Teaching & Training Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-06-04. The program can be installed on Android.
Accessible Editor Talkback (version 9.3) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of Accessible Editor Talkback since it was posted on our website on 2016-12-22.
The latest version is 9.3 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2018-03-23.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2015-06-04
This version works with spell suggestions and has translations to Italian, German, Portuguese, Russian Turkish Hebrew and Croatian. The E button now is a toggle between end of document to begining of document.